[IAEP] soas install to hard disk

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jun 8 05:28:05 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 09:21, Ashar Iqbal<s.ashar.iqbal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have soas2 beta dated 14 April burned to a cd and booting/working
> fine on a PC.  I now want to install the software onto the hard disk -
> cd is slow and temporary. hd would be faster and more permanent.
>
> I could run soas off a USB, but since the PC will be dedicated to
> running soas it makes more sense to use the hd.

Hi Ashar,

may be easier/better to download an official Fedora 11 image and
install it to your hard drive? Then you can install Sugar and use that
instead of GNOME.

But it may be possible to install a Soas2 image to the hard disk with
the command 'anaconda', though I haven't tried it myself.

Regards,

Tomeu