[IAEP] Is again Community Influence - Re: Lets Get Satisfaction (was: Community Influence)

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:17:56 EDT 2009

On Friday 31 Jul 2009 5:50:48 am Caroline Meeks wrote:
> I think we have a choice.  We harrang and nag the people in the classroom
> to give us better info, thus chasing away most of them, or we encourage
> feedback and get a lot of bad data.
I just tried SoaS in a virtual machine and found some simple ways to get
diagnostic info.
If you get to the screen with "SoaS 1" text:
    Pressing ESC reveals startup messages. The last one is important.

If you can't get to the graphical screen.
  Restart and press TAB twice at the message (Automatic boot in 1 second).
This will reveal the bootstrap command. Removing  'rhgb' (RedHat graphical
boot?) using backspace and pressing ENTER will print diagnostic messages.
Removing 'quiet' will print even detailed messages. Again, the last message
will suffice.

FYI .. Subbu