[IAEP] Content Writer FOR Sugar missing from static web site pages

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:19:54 EST 2009

Based on Tony's presentations and what I'm hearing from Nepal I suggest we
should recruit combination Content Writing and Content Curator/Librarian.
There is a lot of free content for various grade levels, languages etc,
content created by different deployments.  Someone who learns whats
available in different content areas and thinks about how to use it with
sugar activities and Moodle/XS and communicates that out to deployments is
at least as valuable as writing new content.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:24 AM, C.W. Holeman II
<cwhii_gm at julianlocals.com>wrote:

> I looked at the static Sugar Labs page [1] for information on how to be a
> content provider for Sugar systems. What I found was the Getting
> Involved page [2]  which describes the various kinds of Contributors
> which are:
>
>  - Content writer
>  - Designer
>  - Developer
>  - People Person
>  - Translator
>  - Web Developer or Administrator
>
> There should be a Sugar Content Writer in list. There is a Content
> Writer in the list but that is for creating documentation ABOUT Sugar
> such user manuals and web page content. A Content Writer FOR
> Sugar is missing.
>
> The descriptions for each kind of Contributor includes references to
> which Teams each kind of Contributor is to work with.
>
> The only reference I found about providing content FOR a Sugar system
> was under the Deployment Team page[3]  which states that the Team
> addresses "How to distribute and support" ...  "and to build local Sugar
> Labs organizations worldwide".  It explains that a local Sugar Lab would:
>
> > Develop Local content and software that can be used not only for
> > local purposes but also for the overall community
>
> None of the kinds of Contributors in the list shows any connection to the
> Deployment Team.
>
> Also, the "Develop Local content" is the only place Sugar content is
> referenced.
> I found no references for general content FOR Sugar.
>
> [1] http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite/
> [2]
> http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite/index.php?template=page&page=contributors_join
> [3]
> http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite/index.php?template=page&page=deployment
>
> --
> C.W.Holeman II   |   cwhii_cplo at JulianLocals.com   |   http://emle.sf.net/
>  To only a fraction of the  human  race does God  give the  privilege of
>  earning one's bread doing what one would have  gladly pursued free, for
>  passion. I am very thankful. The Mythical Man-Month Epilogue/F.P.Brooks

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com

617-500-3488 - Office