[IAEP] OLPC: "Refocusing on our mission"

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jan 7 16:18:31 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
<e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> http://blog.laptop.org/2009/01/07/refocusing-on-our-mission/
>
> Frankly speaking I'm currently not quite sure what to make of this
> announcement except for the realization that Sugar Labs and the larger
> Sugar community are now officially on their own when it comes to making
> Sugar the best learning platform there is!
>
> What are your thoughts on these developments?

I would like to offer a _heart_felt_ thanks to everyone at One Laptop
Per Child who has made Sugar and the XO the products that they are
today.

You still are at the forefront of a revolution in learning such as the
world has not seen since the invention of the printing press.

But, this revolution, as with all revolutions, is hard to plan;  there
are no maps, there is no rule book, there is no gray bearded sage to
guide your way.

Thank You

David Farning
Sugar Labs