[IAEP] Which Activities should we promote and create our first trainings on?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sat Feb 28 09:33:17 EST 2009

Based on Sean's feedback on the new site, and the work I'm doing with Terri
trying to create training materials, I'd like to ask for a discussion as to
which activities we want to put forward and why as we introduce Sugar to
people.

Currently most of our materials discusses the generalities of the platform.
But as we extend our target audiances to parents and teachers they just
don't have the background in what computers can do to be able to grasp the
generalities. I think we need to build from specific activities, experiences
using those activities, then guided reflection on those experiences to help
them understand the general principals.

In simpler terms, what are the activities that best show off Sugar.  What
should people do with them to "get" how Sugar is different.

The goal will be to create a professional development sylabus.  We will
probably also create a series of cards on each activity.

So please voice what Activitiy you think we should focus on, why, and what
specific experience we should guide a parent or teacher through.

My request is that you go for depth, talk about a only a few activities, or
only one, but really explain how it shows off Sugar and what sort of
experience with that activity is valuable.

Thanks!

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove