[IAEP] Observations and feature requests based on watching a preK class use a computer lab

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Fri Feb 27 17:38:52 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>wrote:
>
>> Saying that, I'd be very happy to be able to lower the
>> age barrier to entry, but it gets tough not to loose other features
>>

> We could have a setting in the control panel that sets a "young kid" mode,
> as well as the ability to filter activities by age in aslo.

What I'd love to see is an ability to set what activities show up as
favorites by class.  So teachers could (probably through Moodle somehow)
turn on new activities for the students in their class as they needed them.

I like the circle vs list view, and leaving more stuff on the list view,
because I love the idea of kids who know how, going in and customizing it
for themselves.  Low floor, no ceiling.

It actually took me weeks to discover the list view and I think just last
week I discovered that the stars on the list view controlled what was in my
circle.

Thanks!
Caroline

--