[IAEP] http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/

Nate Ridderman nate.ridderman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:05:48 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM, ,Josh williams <joshcwilliams at gmail.com>wrote:

> In my experience, most fonts in Windows look bad anyway. I don't think
> it would be worth the effort embed a helvetica clone, arial is already a
> clone of helvetica. However, when firefox 3.1 comes out embedding fonts
> is something to consider. There's an outstanding article on the subject
> here
> http://jontangerine.com/log/2008/10/font-face-in-ie-making-web-fonts-work.
>
> Josh

Arial is a bastard step-child of Helvetica. It's not nearly as good in my
opinion. If you have a chance to watch the documentary on
Helvetica<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica_%28film%29>,
I highly recommend it. It touches on this subject, but is very interesting
in general.

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize the state of embedding fonts was as
complex as this. I plan to read more and see if there is a workable solution
or combination of solutions.

Nate