[IAEP] http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/

Christian Marc Schmidt schmidt at pentagram.com
Fri Feb 27 13:25:49 EST 2009

> Adding to the visual problems is that I don't have Helvetica installed on my
> machine. I think I'm getting the standard, ugly Arial that comes with Windows.
> Perhaps we can embed a Creative Commons licensed Helvetica clone in the site?

Thanks for your feedback, Nate. Installing Helvetica is a great idea. Can we
get an open source license?

>> 3.  It never says what Sugar is.  "Sugar is a computer operating
>> environment for students, designed to replace or complement existing
>> desktop user interfaces."  The website never states anything plainly,
>> opting instead for this long list of dull incomplete aphorisms, which link
>> to phrases that are _still_ not valid sentences.  Even aggregating all the
>> information in that list, I would not be able to tell you what Sugar is.
>
> I agree that there needs to be a promintently displayed page that attempts to
> describe Sugar in a few paragraphs. I find the current list of ...sentences...
> to be very intimidating for some reason. People aren't used to reading content
> organized like this.

I think we can work on making these keyphrases more succinct and meaningful.
In essence, they attempt to describe Sugar dynamically (through the contents
of the site) without the need for a static mission statement. If you have
any thoughts on better keyphrases, please let us know!

Christian

--

Christian Marc Schmidt

schmidt at pentagram.com