[IAEP] http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 27 11:56:52 EST 2009

David Farning wrote:
> Sorry there was a typo in my last email the site is actually
> http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/

I forcefully object to everything about this website.  It is ugly,
off-putting, unnavigable, unreadable, buggy, empty of any helpful
information, and in many other ways among the worst websites I could
possibly imagine for this purpose.  It is a very cool javascript tech
demo, which is not at all useful here.

Meanwhile, the front page of the wiki is beautiful.  It presents the
visitor immediately with a statement explaining what Sugar is, and a bunch
of clearly named links to learn more about Sugar and Sugar Labs.
Scrolling down presents a wealth of introductory information about Sugar,
presented in a logical fashion.  It does all of this in a
non-headache-inducing color scheme, using complete sentences.  Clearly a
lot of work has been put into this, and it shows.

Unless someone wants to come up with a decent webpage (must be better than
laptop.org!), let's just stick to the wiki.

--Ben