[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] resume by default

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 19 11:26:08 EST 2009

On 19.02.2009, at 16:16, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as you may know, we recently added a change to the favorites view that
> makes easier to resume existing instances instead of always launching
> new ones.
>
> This option is disabled by default and users need to go to a palette
> and guess what that checkbox serves for.
>
> We added that option because the feature was experimental, but now
> some feel it may be appropriate to make it the only option, because if
> not the naming alert gets quite annoying in some cases.
>
> So, who agrees and who disagrees with changing the favorite view to
> resume activities by default?

+1

I had no idea about that hidden checkbox, and without it enabled, the
save dialogs are annoying as hell (in particular because they still
lack a quit-without-saving button).

It's a bit cumbersome to make a new instance though. Maybe alt-click
could do that for advanced users?

And it's unfortunate the activity icons change their position in the
ring, the activities with journal entries seem to sort before the ones
without.

- Bert -