[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] resume by default

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:27:21 EST 2009

I am a fan of resume by default and whereas it is easy enough to turn
it off... I'd say go for it.

On a related matter, I would recommend removing the erase button from
the home view roll over except in the list view (for 0.86). This is
more of an issue now that the roll over is going to be used more (to
access the "start" item for one). And there is some ambiguity with the
idea of erasing a journal entry vs the activity itself.

-walter

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> On 2/19/09, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> as you may know, we recently added a change to the favorites view that
>> makes easier to resume existing instances instead of always launching
>> new ones.
>>
>> This option is disabled by default and users need to go to a palette
>> and guess what that checkbox serves for.
>>
>> We added that option because the feature was experimental, but now
>> some feel it may be appropriate to make it the only option, because if
>> not the naming alert gets quite annoying in some cases.
>>
>> So, who agrees and who disagrees with changing the favorite view to
>> resume activities by default?
>
> I personally think the change should be made, but after this release;
> it is too late in development for such major behavioral changes.
> --
> Luke Faraone
> http://luke.faraone.cc

Walter Bender