[IAEP] How to upgrade XOs to Sugar 0.84?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Feb 19 05:31:54 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 16:59, Christoph Derndorfer
<e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks a lot for your reply and all the information!
>
> It looks as though we should try to get the devkeys as soon as possible
> so we are prepared for whatever might happen in the future.
>
> Other than that what I take away from this thread is that upgrading
> those XOs to the latest Sugar code will require quite a lot of
> preparation and work.

Right now yes, as we are still in development, but once someone
develops a way to deploy a release with Sugar 0.84 on XOs, everybody
will benefit from it.

An alternative to reflashing or setting up a local olpc-update server
would be installing one of the live images to a sd card and running a
script to copy the DS from flash to there. That may be a bit more
convenient in some situations but you would need anyway a developer
key.

HTH,

Tomeu