[IAEP] Linuxtag 2009 - how do we want to promote Sugar Labs

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:27:10 EST 2009

The quickest way to develop the Sugar brand (aside from the logo of
course) is color: something different from the XO's green (Pantone-361
if I remember correctly). I have looked at the logo page and see
possibilities. It doesn't have to be one color (although that may be
preferable), but it shouldn't be XO green.

The next quickest way to develop the Sugar brand is SoaS: a USB stick
with the logo on it (and in a different color than XO green, or maybe
a gamut of colors just not XO green). The stick will represent the
software as independent from the XO. Again, that will only work if the
stick is very reliable...

Other merchandising items could be possible: a branded canvas strap
for the XO, a canvas zipper pencil case with the logo (great for
carrying the XO AC adapter and USB sticks).

By the way does anyone know if there is a roll-up banner around? Very
useful for conventions, trade shows, press conferences, meetings, etc.

thanks
Sean