[IAEP] partner brainstorming

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:30:02 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> I know this sounds very unlike me.  I am a big fan on actionable items:)
>
> Can you'all help brain storm about possible partners with which Sugar
> labs can have a mutually beneficial relationship?  Early adopters in
> education, OEMs, VARs, ISVs....

Obviously we have all of the <Country>-OLPC groups and all of their
government, NGO, and funding partners, and all of the schools involved
in trials. At some level there are partnerships with Brightstar,
Amazon, and others that the community is apparently unable to access.
Similarly for Ministries of Education and other government agencies
that interact with OLPC staff but not the community.

See also the list of Earth Treasury's partners at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Creating_textbooks. ET is talking with
other prospective partners.

Can we create some partnership pages on the Wiki where we can track
this? Is there an official OLPC partner program? When will the Sugar
Labs partner program begin?

> Let's hear your list of organization and thoughts as to how we can
> help each others.  An initial point of contact would be most helpful.

Write me offline for details.

> thanks
> david

And Children are my nation.