[IAEP] [Sur] Turtle Art Portfolio v-7

Luis Michelena luis.michelena at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:22:35 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2009, at 10:54, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
>
> Well, keeping code short/simple is a good skill to learn :-) But if
> there is desire to move in this direction it might be worth looking at
> 'containers'. Think of it as a little like code folding, where you can
> collapse N bricks down into a single 'container' brick which has the
> correct brick connect shapes for it's inputs and outputs. Screen space

I've done (but it's not merged and is quite rough) a litle change to hide
the definition of a stack, when you click on it, achieving a cleaner canvas,
without much hassle with the containers type. The only change needed is that
instead of execute a stack when you click on it, it just hides/shows its
content. The other thing that would be missing is a library container, where
you can store the stacks.

I couldn't agree more with the editable python block, but I think the best
route would be to lunch an inline instance of pipy.

In the speed issue, every time you execute some code, it first "compiles"
the code and the "bitecode" is just string based, so if you could compile
the code to python when there's a change and only the changing part, you
would have less time to start the execution and a faster execution in
itself.

regards,
Luis