[IAEP] [Sur] Turtle Art Portfolio v-7

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue Feb 10 05:54:08 EST 2009

Edward
> With these arithmetic tiles and square root, I can do all of Euclidean
> synthetic plane geometry and all of plane analytic geometry up to....

You will still rapidly run into limitations with TA.

The canvas effectively limits the number of tiles you can have in your program, scroll bars would help if they didn't overly complicate things

Execution speed seems to become a problem at about the point where you fill up the canvas, both regarding moving a stack of blocks and running your program. I ran into all three limitations doing a lunar lander at http://tonyforster.blogspot.com/2009/02/turtle-lander.html and for that reason haven't implemented crash detection (vspeed, hspeed or terrain flatness)

> My next request is a While loop.

Can't you use

forever
If <condition>