[IAEP] Status of Sugar on Ubuntu

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Feb 5 16:50:10 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 21:48, Morgan Collett <morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, we need to get Read and Write working for Jaunty, which means
> evince and libabiword. I know Tomeu's working on the former, and Luke
> on the latter. Please give feedback to the Ubuntu Sugar Team if you
> are stuck, or if you have been in contact with the Ubuntu packagers
> for these.

Evince has made a release (2.25.90) that includes the changes we
needed. Gnome-python-desktop has also released 2.25.90 and that
includes the python bindings that Read needs.

So, once the packages for evince and gnome-python-desktop get updated
to those upstream releases, we'll have what Read needs to run.

Regards,

Tomeu