[IAEP] 4th Grade Maths wiki and blog by Greg Dek

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 13:51:59 EST 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Bill Kerr wrote:

> http://sugarlabs.org/go/User:Gdk/4th_Grade_Maths
>
> http://gregdek.livejournal.com/45211.html
>
> I think what is missing in the approach outlined by Greg here (and in
> curriculum frameworks in general) is no real consideration of the deep
> structure of maths or of how children learn maths, the psychology of
> children's reasoning

So Bill, I'm going to nip this particular conversation in the bud by
saying "I don't care."

Understand that I'm not saying this to be rude.  I'm saying it because,
despite the fact that there are many possible approaches to follow, and
many possible methodologies to consider, I myself, *personally*, cannot
work that way.

The whole point of my experiment is that it is:

a. Of limited scope;
b. Focused on simple deliverables;
c. Actionable from my own narrow perspective;
d. Something that I can fit into my little mind;
e. A model for others to follow, IF AND ONLY IF IT ACTUALLY PROVES USEFUL.

All of your points are fair, but I can only integrate so much data into an
actionable plan, and that's all I know how to do.

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]