[IAEP] [SLOBS] Governance.

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Feb 2 05:03:47 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 21:59, Ivan Krstić
<krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2009, at 8:14 PM, Walter Bender wrote:
>> Why don't we appoint you as a monitor of the slobs list.
>
> As I understand it, the thread in question wasn't ever *on* the list,
> but was carried out through private CC. We set up the slobs@ list
> precisely to avoid e-mails going through private CC, which obviously
> escape all transparency mechanisms that are in place; why did this
> thread not take place on the list?

The slobs ml is for business of the oversight board that cannot be
public yet because Sugar Labs wants to conduct business with other
parties that request privacy. This has been discussed in public and
everyone can search the archives.

The case in hand is of someone asking for specific input from specific
people. The initiator of the thread used his personal criteria when he
chose the people to whom consult.

Regards,

Tomeu