[IAEP] Local Labs for Mexico

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 02:32:55 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:17, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Let's get started.  It looks like there is a strong grass root
> interest.  Lets use this mailing list until we need a new one.
>
> The first question is would would we like to accomplish?
> 1. Support one or more deployments.
> 2. Spreading the word.
> 3. Localisation.

How much work is needed to adapt existing Spanish localizations to
Mexico? Are there significant differences in usage among Peru,
Uruguay, and Mexico? I have heard that attempts by US software
companies to do generic Latin American localizations have often
failed.

> 4. Develop technical or educational content.

There are various organizations offering to assist teachers and
governments in creating

http://www.earthtreasury.org/