[IAEP] Is there a stable version of Sugar?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:50:56 EST 2009

Hi all...

In mid-January I will be in Buenos Aires for about a week.  There is an elemenary school principal there who has a computer lab full of PCs all loaded up with Microsoft Office (for 6-12 year-olds!) that sits idle most of the time since the teachers are hesitant to use the computers.  Sad.

Sugar to the rescue!  Can we make it happen?  How can we make it happen? Is there a really stable version of SoaS or live CD I can take with me to show her how it can help her teachers and students love the computers and improve the learning of the students?

It doesn't have to be the latest "bells-and whistles" version... just one that will work reliably.  I can take one or 2 copies with me to demonstrate and I can show her how she can download the rest.

Will Blueberry be ready?  Should I take Strawberry instead?  Can we even come up with a slimmed-down but very stable version that will work?

Looking forward to your replies/suggestions...

Caryl