[IAEP] Local Labs for Mexico

Gabriel Molina skiping at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:13:18 EST 2009

Hello!

There are many people interested in Sugar in Mexico, there are people in
Chiapas, some others working for a private foundation (Fundación Carlos
Slim, Telmex) and an OLPC proyect in Nayarit and San Luis Potosí.

I've been tring to contact these people to know the status of these
projects. As far as I know all these projects are in incubating status.

What I'd like to accomplish is:

1. Create a list of the existing projects involving Sugar in Mexico.
2. Join forces to colaborate in common needs for all projects, like an
unified website for difusion or developement of regional applications and
localization.
3. Start another Local Lab.

Saludos

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> Let's get started.  It looks like there is a strong grass root
> interest.  Lets use this mailing list until we need a new one.
>
> The first question is would would we like to accomplish?
> 1. Support one or more deployments.
> 2. Spreading the word.
> 3. Localisation.
> 4. Develop technical or educational content.
>
> What are some or the various project going on in Mexico?
>
> david
>

> 2009/12/3 Asaf Paris Mandoki <asafpm at gmail.com>:
> > I'm in Mexico and would be interested in collaborating to start the local
> lab.
> >
> > Saludos,
> > Asaf
> >
> > 2009/11/18 Gabriel Molina <skiping at gmail.com>:
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I'm very interested in Sugar Project and I'd like to know if there are
> >> people working to introduce this project in Mexico. If not, I'd like to
> >> start a Local Lab based on the experiencies of other latin american
> >> counties. Bynow I'm gathering information about the status of this
> project
> >> in Mexico.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> --