[IAEP] Sharing EToys projects

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:54:10 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Gerald Ardito <gerald.ardito at gmail.com>wrote:

> Tomeu,
>
> There is no mime type that I can see. The Journal entry simply says  File <
> filename.pr> from <url for file>.
> This is no different, by the way, when I upload and then download games we
> made in Memorize. However, Memorize will load the downloaded game.
>
> Thanks.
> Gerald

Hi, I checked the apache config and added the mime type for the .pr files. I
downloaded the file on my Mac and it got the correct mime type and offered
to open the project in Squeak.

I tried on soas-strawberry and XO-802 and it did not open etoys from the
journal. Maybe etoys is looking for a different mime-type than
x-application/squeak-project?

Dave

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 21:31, Gerald Ardito <gerald.ardito at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I am working with 140 5th grade students who are using XOs (mostly) and
>> > netbooks with SOAS.
>> > About 50 of them are using Etoys to create projects.
>> > I am trying to find a way to share them with their teachers and each
>> other.
>> > When I try to upload them to a Moodle course and them download them, the
>> > downloaded files can't be read by EToys.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> This uses to be a problem with the mime types. Can you see with which
>> mimetype is downloaded the file from moodle?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tomeu
>>
>> --
>> «Sugar Labs is anyone who participates in improving and using Sugar.
>> What Sugar Labs does is determined by the participants.» - David
>> Farning

Dave Bauer
dave at solutiongrove.com
http://www.solutiongrove.com