[IAEP] Sharing EToys projects

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Dec 6 22:33:38 EST 2009

There is a description of Mime at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar.mime#Who_decides_the_default_activity_for_opening_files_of_different_mime_types.3F
and more at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Journal_entry_bundles

You can specify the Mime if using copy-to-journal from the command line
eg copy-to-journal filename -m application/x-squeak-project

This is an example of an issue which has been discussed before, that when the Journal doesn't work for a user, they have few tools to understand or fix the problem. This runs against Sugar's mission of empowering users. A possible solution would be to give users the ability to inspect and alter the mime of journal items.

Tony