[IAEP] svg animations, no?

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:46:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Lucian Branescu
<lucian.branescu at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've tried animations as well (with JavaScript) and indeed they don't work.
>
> However, I'm not sure they really are a good idea for icons. They may
> get confusing or annoying.

I agree that animated icons become annoying but I'm thinking of it from the
POV of teaching SVG

Kids make their own icons - they like that. Certainly they would be further
engaged and learn more about SVGs if the opportunity to make animated icons
was there

It could be a good opportunity but you need the right tools - Opera browser
is the best I know for displaying SVGs - it seems that librsvg (information
from Tomeu) is not standards compliant at this time