[IAEP] SoaS as a Sugar Labs project.

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Aug 25 12:10:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 17:50, Martin Langhoff<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> I don't understand how this helps to this discussion. It's obvious
>
> I think Michael just means that there are hints from coming
> deployments as to general priorities, and SL is setting priorities on
> a different schedule. Not about doing deployment's work.

SLs is setting priorities? How so?

> Of course, there are various groups with ideas as to what's important,
> and one group (the doers at SL) wins by sheer force of... action. :-)

The doers have asked for input on what they should work on and have
setup a process for non-doers to manifest their views. Then doers have
executed as much as they could.

Some "non-doers" that expressed their opinions got some stuff they
wanted done, the ones that didn't expressed their opinions might not
have had that luck.

Let me repeat that I don't think SLs is here to replace OLPC, just to
provide a place for people who are investing in Sugar to do so more
effectively.

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning