[IAEP] Physics - Lesson plans ideas?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Aug 22 18:44:43 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

On 22 Aug 2009, at 22:44, Bill Kerr wrote:

> hi alan,
> still thinking about the broader issue you raise about the
> importance of
> real science and its connection to computer based work and how to
> attempt to
> implement this in school settings (complex issue)
>
> however, I do notice that many of the standard etoy simulations are
> simulations of real world scientific type events, and not just maths
> related
> - salmon sniff
> - fish and plankton
> - particles dye in water
> - particles gas model
>
> I just checked the etoys gallery. It even says in the gallery,
> "Frame-based
> animation can be used for physics analysis"

Here's another quick idea that could be part of a lesson plan:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Physics_transverse_waves.png

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Physics-3 is real close now, honest! :-) I diverted some time
this week instead to Sugar design issues as we are just shuddering
into the feature freeze for this release.