[IAEP] SoaS as a Sugar Labs project.

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Aug 22 13:45:54 EDT 2009

There has been some confusion over the past several months about how
SoaS fits into Sugar Labs.

I have been getting the feeling that we are setting ourself up for
confusion by not clearly abstracting SoaS from the Learning Platform.
On the other hand, initiatives such as sugar on a stick are incredibly
valuable to the over all mission of Sugar Labs.

As such, I would like to propose that Sugar Labs create a separate
category of initiatives, such as SoaS, called projects.  The idea is
based on apachs' and eclipses' effective use of projects.

The premise behind 'projects' is that initiatives such as SoaS are
vital to the overall success of the ecosystem.  Yet, they are in
several ways autonomous to the Learning Platform.

david