[IAEP] [Marketing] Competitive landscape: Intel Classmate executive blog post re updated software

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 18 11:23:25 EDT 2009

David and me briefly discussed the use of iTALC on Sugar last week as I
was interested in giving it a quick shot to see how it works.
Unfortunately the Web site doesn't offer direct downloads for Fedora
(though it does for Debian, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Suse and Gentoo -
http://italc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Download) and a quick
search only turned up RPMs for Fedora 10.

Please also note that according to the Web site the last update happened
in May of 2008 so it looks like the project is dormant if not dead.

One thing I was also wondering about is how well some of the
functionalities would work on a wireless network as on first sight many
of them look quite bandwidth intensive.

Hope that helps,
Christoph

--