[IAEP] 2 new "full Installs"(.img and VMPlayer) available for Download

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Aug 16 19:39:31 EDT 2009

Today I uploaded 2 compressed file and accompanying readme.txt's
Both still require a 4GB USB Stick.

They are both cleared of /.sugar ready to use on first boot.

They are made with F11net install CD with ONLY Sugar-Desktop selected.

This is all possible as sdziallas recently modified the Sugar-Desktop to
be standalone.

Duplication of the .img file to multiple USB sticks (4GB Sandisk)
has been tested and it works:
===========Aug16 2009====================
Make USB stick:

Make sure your USB stick is /dev/sd(?) FIRST
(I use Ubuntu 9.04 partition manager to check it first)

root at xxxx:/home/robert/Desktop# dd if=USBsugar.img of=/dev/sdg bs=4k
982015+1 records in
982015+1 records out
4022337024 bytes (4.0 GB) copied, 520.015 s, 7.7 MB/s

root at xxxx:/home/robert/Desktop# dd if=USBsugar.img of=/dev/sdg bs=4k
982015+1 records in
982015+1 records out
4022337024 bytes (4.0 GB) copied, 747.457 s, 5.4 MB/s
===================================
all you have to do in terminal is hit the up arrow to repeat the command
when the new
stick has been inserted!

Download them from Here:  http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/

Next step is hopefully a installer in the next SoaS3 snapshot which can
call on a KS file
to reduce the install further. (being discussed)

Have fun;

Tom Gilliard
Bend Or.
satellit