[IAEP] Invitation to add annotations to sugar olpc fedora11 jhbuild TURTLE ART templates 1

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 10:05:42 EDT 2009

A few observations about your template movie:

(1) Since you are running the experimental version of Sugar (with
Metacity) you are bumping up against a bug with Window ordering (I'll
dig up the ticket for you momentarily) that is causing the Journal
object chooser to appear under the Turtle Art window rather than over
it. It is an intermittent bug, which is why sometimes the chooser
appears and some times it doesn't.

(2) Turtle Art throws up the error message when it has a syntax error.
In you case, you had removed the Journal object block from the
template, so when you tried to run the template block, it complained
about a missing object. (You can find extra Journal object blocks on
the Template palette).

(3) The box is for storing data. You "store in box" and then use the
box where ever you want to use that value. You can store any object
type in a box and use the box pretty much anywhere in your
constructions. So, for example, you may want a constructor that will
number your slides, You could store in the box a slide counter that
you increment each time and then concatenate your title with the value
in the box using the + operator attached to the title slot in a
template.

There are lots of examples of using boxes in the Sample projects.

enjoy.

-walter

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Dennis Daniels<dennisgdaniels at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is an invitation to add annotations to my video.
>
> Collaboration and sharing of subject matter expertise is critical to the
> success of Sugar especially in the realm of documentation and training.
>
> Just follow this access link and click on the video to start annotating.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzbW4L7w-k&layer_token=caf48a52e7fb9256
>
> --
>
> lost and found:
> +15047567321