[IAEP] Physics - Lesson plans ideas?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Fri Aug 14 10:10:30 EDT 2009

Yes, I think thats a good idea.  Also maybe its engineering principals not
Physics that should be the learning objectives.
What I'm realizing is that really I'm giving demos to teachers about h0w to
use Sugar to support learning.  So what I want is a bunch of lessons using
various different activities that are clearly aligned with any common
curriculum objective.

For Physics I think I want a really simple challenge that I can demo then
have students solve it fairly quickly.  then I want a couple levels of
additional challenge where students can solve problems in different ways.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Bill Kerr <billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:

> one possibility would be to not attempt to teach physics but to make a
> game
> good for introduction and also for teamwork
>
> see
> http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/2009/08/wow-factor-physics.html
>  <http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/2009/08/wow-factor-physics.html>
> http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/2009/08/physics-games-screenshots_14.html
>
> <http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/2009/08/physics-games-screenshots_14.html>thinking
> of extending to making a video of the game as per your suggestion here
> Caroline
>
>  On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Caroline Meeks <
> caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
>
>>  Physics is so cool! One of the students today did a really great job with
>> it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nseWyxaN6g
>> Does anyone have an idea for a 1 hour or so lesson I could do with
>> Physics that would teach a Physics concept and still be incredibly engaging?
>>
>> --
>> Caroline Meeks
>> Solution Grove
>> Caroline at SolutionGrove.com