[IAEP] GPA ain't the world

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 14 01:03:50 EDT 2009

David Farning schrieb:
> And yes, Christoph I _am_ holding your writing to a higher standard.
> Several times, you have described yourself as the voice of the
> project.

David, just for the record: I definitely don't consider myself "the
voice" of Sugar Labs, that's just ludicrous and I can't remember ever
making such a claim or acting accordingly.

At the best of times I might be a voice of many and in this instance I
decided to raise it to draw attention to the larger global picture that
we're operating in. Some clearly seem to have understood that intention
of my message.

To smooth the ruffled feathers let me reiterate that I think we can
learn many things from the ongoing efforts at GPA. However we mustn't
believe that the findings will always be a representative reflection of
the issues faced by the 1,000,000 other Sugar users around the globe.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews