[IAEP] Get Satisfaction

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 21:15:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Luke Faraone<luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> I think it would be useful to expose a (optionally disableable by the
> school) option within the UI to "report a problem", which (after gaining the

 - If the user can connect to the XS and Moodle (via the AP! using DNS!)
 - and register! (needed to login...)
 - and the Moodle admin UI works (Apache! PHP! PostgreSQL!)
 - and it can post it to a server (wooohoo! Internet!)

then ummm... pretty much everything works. If _anything_ is broken,
such bugreporting tool won't work.

In more modest terms it would be good to have a command similar to
olpc-netlog (as seen on the XO OS).

Also note that apport is based on a ton of work (automated and manual)
at the other end sorting useless reports. It is based on Ubuntu having
lots of hands.

Better to think things through before bikeshedding?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions