[IAEP] reporting bug and making recommendation on software

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:57:46 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Claudia Urrea<callaurrea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>
> I just returned from Nicaragua where we did a workshop
> with more than 50 people from the Ministry, local universities,
> and schools. We used the latest version of Memorize,
> and social calc, and other activities such as turtle art, scratch,
> etc. I was wondering if you have a mechanism that I can
> communicate with people there to report bugs?

By people there, do you mean Nicaragua?

There are several channels for bug reporting:

Teachers may be most comfortable reporting bugs on the Sur mailing
list. It is in Spanish and most of the members are also teachers, but
developers monitor the list (See lists.laptop.org).

Those who are comfortable with English may also want to join the IAEP
list ("it's an education project") (See lists.sugarlabs.org).

We have people to answer questions 24/7 on IRC (irc.freenode.net
channel #sugar) but teachers tend to be put off by IRC.

We are exploring a new feedback site: http://getsatisfaction.com/sugarlabs

Developers should file tickets at dev.sugarlabs.org.

> Let me know!
>
> Claudia