[IAEP] [Grassroots-l] OLPC / Sugar community in China?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 04:33:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Bastien<bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I forgot to mention that I'm currently in Tokyo, Japan, taking a few
> days off.  If any of you knows some LUG around here, or have contacts
> with a university that I could visit to spread the word about Sugar,
> just drop me an email, thanks.
>
> (I will surely visit some Go club,

Nihon Kiin? They have a good school program. Be sure to show them the
Playgo Activity.

The American Go Association is working with us on improvements to the
Playgo software, and we have discussed creating a content bundle.
Terry Benson of AGA was just down the hall from me at Yale. A recent
newsletter from them lists a large body of free Go content. There is
also a free CD.

http://www.usgo.org/resources/starterCD.htm

> there are usually good geek-nests,
> so maybe I'll stumble on some CS student by chance, who knows...)

You could call up the CS department at Todai. There is a fair amount
of cross-fertilization between MIT and Japan.

> Best to all,
>
> --
>  Bastien

And Children are my nation.