[IAEP] GPA Class Notes August 5

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Aug 7 16:25:22 EDT 2009

At Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:12:10 -0400,
Greg Smith wrote:

> Kids really wanted to play Scary Maze
> (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=scary+maze+game+3&aq=0&oq=scary+maze+game+&aqi=g10&fp=flbC24gbdiA)
> but we said that wasn't available. I tried it via Flash later and it
> worked fine but I wasn't sure its really kid appropriate. I realized
> that they probably like it because of the adrenalin rush at being
> scared when you make a small mistake. I think Nintendo 64, Game Boy
> and other popular younger kid games also benefit from provoking the
> adrenalin response. I think Sugar could use more adrenalin provoking
> games....

  I'm not following all the reports and missing bunch of context so
this could be an "off" comment, but this kind of game is very easy to
make in Etoys.  (There was a Japanese game show with physical moving
obstacles and the player holds a bar and is supposed to navigate the
bar through the course...  So kids who knew about the show wanted make
it by themselves).

-- Yoshiki