[IAEP] Looking for very old hardware

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:55:33 EDT 2009

Hello All,

I asked this question about a year ago, but would like to ask it again.  I have been given some educational math software for elementary school written in Basic (or,maybe, "machine language") for the old Apple ii series.  I also have a copy of an excellent program for Algebra I, also for the Apple ii series. Both of these are "teacher tested and approved."

About 2-3 years ago I gave away my old Apple iie along with the dual disk drive, monitor, and printer. I have looked on ebay and there are some for sale there for very low prices plus a high price for shipping. Of course, they all claim they work, but have no guarantees.

I would like very much to be able to put these old 5 1/2" floppies in, boot them up and print out the code so some enterprising Python programmer could convert them for Sugar.  I'm not even sure the disks will still work.  They are probably 20+ years old.

Does anyone reading this list have access to a working Apple ii system with monitor and printer?  If so, I could send the disks to them and they could do the print out of the code.   These are excellent, public domain programs (one is from the old "softsawap" we used to have in California.

I have one of the disks here in MT. The other is at my home in CA.

Caryl