[IAEP] [Marketing] Fwd: [Sur] sugarlabs.org: sugerencia

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:42:32 EDT 2009

Alas, if I had the technical chops to code what is necessary, I would
have done so already :-(

the fundamental problem is that several parts of the SL "site" are
traps for unsophisticated users: they can get in, but they can't get
back out and can't get back to the homepage.

The absence of links between the site sections also interferes with
our referencing, but we've mitigated that by linking the wiki logo to
the site homepage. Counter-intuitive for users who were used to the
wiki being the main site, but perfectly normal for first-time users.

I myself manage to find most of what I need on the SL site sections
(except for dark corners of the wiki where I have posted stuff and
have no idea how to ever find it again) and when in trouble I google
with the "site:" option.

Designing a slick, integrated site can come later as far as I'm
concerned (other priorities more important) but we could go to
single-window tomorrow if every site section had a link to the
homepage, which they do not :-(

Sean