[IAEP] maths instruction

Kathy Pusztavari kathy at kathyandcalvin.com
Thu Apr 30 14:35:10 EDT 2009

Yes Maria, I'm sure you are correct that I'm mixing up pedagogy
(methodology) with framework.  They seem to fit together like hands to
gloves.

That said, Direct Instruction (DI) is also a framework.  It's like Prego -
it's all in there.

In addition, behaviorism, or Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and DI share
much in common including research bases.  I'm a Board Certified Associate
Behavior Analyst (BCABA) and to take the exam for certification it does have
several questions on Direct Instruction.

I will not teach in the public sector.  I will, however, volunteer or create
a afterschool or summer school program.  I'd love to use sugar (SoaS) to
test some of the activities and do some research.  We need more educational
research even if it is very small.

"'- You are all individuals! - Yes, we are all individuals!'"

Funny.  It took a couple seconds until I got it :)

-Kathy