[IAEP] Books Books Books

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:54:00 EDT 2009

Edward Cherlin writes:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Caroline Meeks <solutiongrove at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are supposed to be a Bible and a Qur'an for the XO. I know where
> the texts are for a dozen other religions, if anybody is interested in
> providing them.

Sugar is not restricted to mature audiences you know. It's for kids.

Both of those books are loaded with sex and violence. I really can't
think of any books that are more violent, and I can only think of
one book that has worse sexual perversion. Both of them even glorify
genocide, war, and torture. Both have in fact been used to justify
and encourage genocide, war, and torture.

> Students will need more than the bare texts. At least a dictionary of
> Elizabethan English, and preferably some of the books that Shakespeare
> himself read, such as Aristotle's Poetics, Plutarch's Lives, and
> Holinshed's Chronicles.

Sugar for adults studying Libral Arts at an Ivy League school?

If you want harder reading material, try consumer contracts. :-(
Those at least have extreme importance to people's lives.