[IAEP] Books Books Books

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:39:52 EDT 2009

Yes!  In theory there are thousands of free books.  We need people to be
able to experience that there are books available for Sugar when they try
Sugar.

I like the idea of hooking the readers to a library. I don't know how much
work that is or who is available to do it now.

Does anyone know where we are in terms of books on the activities portal?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>wrote:

> James,
>
> Thanks for your reply...
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 05:07:15PM -0500, James Simmons wrote:
> > [I]f you want to download books from Gutenberg to the XO
> > check out Read Etexts and see what you think.
>
> Thanks - will do.  And please know I'm just muttering from the peanut
> gallery - I'll put my code where my mouth is sometime, hopefully, but
> I can't now, sorry.  So please feel free to ignore me.
>
> The scenario I was imagining was:
>
> Teacher: Can I get my class to read Shakespeare in Sugar?
>
> Imaginary SL person: Sure, just click on "Read ETexts" and then the
> "Find Books" tag.  Type "Shakespeare", and go from there [at which
> point project gutenberg, journal items with a special tag, and other
> sources are queried filtered by "Shakespeare" to show what books are
> available for reading].
>
> > James Simmons
>
> Martin

Caroline Meeks