[IAEP] Sugar Labs Code of Conduct

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Apr 25 19:55:56 EDT 2009

The theme I was looking for was that because of participant's varied
background, there will be some methods of communications that are most
appropriate for their types of conversation.   Yet, as a young
project, Sugar Labs inly has a few commonly used methods of
communication.  Namely #Sugar, iaep at sl.o, and sugar-devel at slo.o.  If
someone asks a question in French on IAEP ,that is fine.  Just use a
translation tool of you choice and answer in English.

'Forum' is a particularly bad choice of words in this case because of
its association with 'web forum.'  I meant to use forum in the broader
sense of 'method and channel of communication.'

One challenge that many project have is the inherent conflict between
experienced developers and new users sharing the same 'channel.'  New
users haven't learned enough to ask the correct questions while old
timers have seen the same issue over and over that they start
responding FTFM!

david