[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Advanced search on ASLO

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Apr 25 02:40:24 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 04:23:54AM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2009, at 03:46, Josh Williams wrote:
> > Just wondering if there was a consensus to ditch the advanced search
> > options? I think it might be a good idea for the sake of simplicity
> > and
> > ease of use for kids.
> >
> > However, I don't know if it's something some users actually need. I
> > think at the very least "within categories" should be removed even
> > if we
> > do keep the advanced options.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> I'd never even noticed the advanced search feature until you just
> mentioned it! FWIW, I'd be happy with just the plain search input box
> over on the top right (no 'advanced', no 'within'). The simpler the
> better, given our target audience. Every UI feature you can get away
> with removing... is one less item of distraction/confusion/
> maintenance :-)

Don't see any problems to have small button/link to open advanced search
I guess our users not only kids but also theirs parents :)

Moreover we will have several activity types - activities, various content,
journal objects and advanced search could be useful in that case.

Another option filter all add-ons by SugarPlatform - only 0.82, 0.84 etc.

--
Aleksey