[IAEP] Sugar on MacBook...still no go

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:41:24 EDT 2009

Hi,
I tried all sorts of things with the file that I have downloaded twice now. I seem to be able to unzip it, but it converts to .vdi and when I click on it to open it, this is the message I get:
The document “soas-beta-1.vdi” could not be opened. The file is too large.

This is the file that is supposed to have everything needed in one neat package that "lives" on the MacBook. It isn't supposed to be a "document."
Is there a secret to unzipping this thing so it can be used?  Is there a way to open the .vdi file and run Sugar?  Tomorrow is may last day to figure out how to do this. Show and tell is on Saturday.  Hopefully someone will bring a PC so I can at least run SoaS from my nice labeled USB stick.  I will have 5 XOs running 767 for folks to try too.
Caryl