[IAEP] Fwd: SoaS on a MacBook?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Apr 21 20:18:16 EDT 2009

On 21 Apr 2009, at 21:38, Caroline Meeks wrote:

> I'm pretty sure you will definitely need the CD Helper.  But I was
> able to boot my iBook with one so I'm very much looking forward to
> your results!

Just a quick report on trying to boot Soas2-200904161412.iso on a
MacBookPro without luck. I'm pretty sure the soas-boot.iso boot CD was
working well, but after the Fedora boot loader and some hopeful
looking USB key flickering, it just sits there with a black screen,
and eventually I had to just hard power off.

USB (2Gb) key was built in Fedora-10 following instructions as per:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Linux

The one item I did notice is that the USB key's I have available both
ship as FAT32 format (I'm reluctant to reformat). Does the soas-
boot.iso boot a FAT32 stick for anybody else?

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. The Soas2-200904161412.iso boots fine in VirtualBox, though I
know of no way of making VirtualBox boot from USB to test the stick
image directly (just CD/HD/network/iso).