[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2009-04-21

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 21 18:58:37 EDT 2009

Martin Langhoff schrieb:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
> <e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>> Do note though that me and David spent 3 hours on Friday afternoon just
>> to get ejabberd running on a vanilla Ubuntu installation. Your millage
>> may vary but just be aware that it's definitely not a 1-click
>> installation process.
>
> OTOH, ejabberd setup on the School Server proper works with just maybe
> 3 steps :-)

Well, originally we had planned to use the machine (a desktop) for both
running ejabberd and Sugar-on-Ubuntu so the teachers would be able to
show things via the beamer that's installed in the classroom.
Unfortunately many activities don't seem to be working under Ubuntu at
the moment so we'll have to postpone that part of the plan.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews