[IAEP] SoaS on a MacBook?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:19:18 EDT 2009

Hi...
I've been trying to get the SugarLabs usb stick, Walter so kindly sent, to boot on my MacBook.  I can get it to recognize the stick but when I try to boot from it, following the instructions from Apple Tech Support, it goes instead into OSX.  The stick shows as a third drive on my desktop and I can open it and see that the files are there.  The "read me" file comes up blank.
I think someone mentioned having to use something they may have called a "virtual box" to get it to boot on the Mac.  I hope someone can fill me in on how to do this.  I want to be able to show it at the LAUSD InfoTech event at the LA Convention Center this Saturday.  So, I do still have some time to work out the kinks.
The Mac I am using is an Intel based MacBook so this should work.  I just need to have the instructions!
Thanks!
Caryl