[IAEP] State of Soas?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 16 06:46:58 EDT 2009

Dear all,

even though I've tried to keep a close eye on the breathtaking
development of SoaS over the past few weeks there are still some basic
questions I'm wondering about, all related to how well SoaS runs on the
various netbooks.

* Have the resolution issues, which used to be a major issue w/ running
Sugar on a non-XO, been solved?
* What about font sizes?
* Do all the activities (incl. collaboration) work reliably on SoaS
these days?
* Does SoaS allow for power-management to kick in on netbooks?
* What exactly are the networking and audio issues that Walter described
in yesterday's Sugar-Digest?

What I'm basically trying to find out is whether *today* running SoaS on
a netbook is a *real* alternative to XOs with build 767 when it comes to
classroom settings?

Thanks,
Christoph

--