[IAEP] Camp Kit

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 14 04:07:17 EDT 2009

Caroline is right in her explanation.

Sugar will first run both telepathy-salut and telepathy-gabble. The
salut connection manager will use peer-to-peer connections for
presence and collaboration, doesn't need a server but is limited to
the local area network.

The gabble connection manager will try to connect to the jabber server
specified in the control panel and if it succeeds, Sugar will shutdown
salut and only use gabble. If gabble fails, the salut one keeps
running.

For 99% of users, presence and collaboration should just work, but
people setting up the environment like conferences, computer labs,
etc. should take this behavior into account.

Regards,

Tomeu